Clinics & Services
The doctors and nurses deal with a wide variety of problems during their routine surgeries, and we generally do not hold clinics for specific problems at set times, so we can offer you a wider choice of appointment times. The Reception staff will be happy to advise you on who is best able to deal with your problem.
Some of the specific clinics and services we do offer are detailed below.
- Chronic disease monitoring - The practice nurses are fully trained and qualified to do check ups and give advice for people with diabetes, asthma, COPD and heart problems.
- Antenatal - The midwife visits the practice every 2 weeks to see patients who are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, please book an appointment with a doctor initially. You will then be referred to the midwife.
- Minor surgery - Most of the doctors run minor surgery sessions once a month. Please book a routine appointment with a doctor first to discuss this.
- Contraceptive advice - All the doctors and nurses offer advice on contraception and the alternatives available. Please book a routine appointment with a doctor or nurse if you wish to discuss this.
- Travel advice - The practice nurses offer a comprehensive service for people planning to travel abroad, and can give advice and any vaccinations needed. Please book an appointment with one of the practice nurses at least 2 months prior to travel, to allow sufficient time for a full course of injections.
- Yellow Fever injections - We are able to offer Yellow Fever injections to our patients and people registered with other practices. There is a charge for this service. Please ask the Reception team for details of the current charge.
- Counsellor - We have a counsellor/therapist attached to the practice. If you feel you may need this service, please discuss this with one of the doctors first. If appropriate, they may be able to refer you on.
- Cervical smears - The practice nurses carry out smears for patients who have been sent an invitation letter under the national scheme. Please tell Reception that you need a double appointment when booking.
- Quitting smoking - The practice nurses are fully trained to help you quit smoking. They can offer advice, treatment and support. It may not be easy, but evidence shows you are more likely to succeed in quitting with their help than on your own. The initial appointment will last around 30 minutes and will help you maximise your chances of success. An appointment can be booked with Reception on 02476 322810.
- Healthy living advice - The practice nurses are fully trained to give advice on any aspect of healthy living and preventing ill health. They can advise you on a healthy diet, how to lose weight, safe alcohol limits and quitting smoking. Please book an appointment with the nurse by phoning 02476 322810.
- Non-NHS services - We offer a number of services privately which do not come under the NHS. This includes medicals for lorry, bus and taxi drivers, private prescriptions for malaria and other drugs, medical reports for insurance companies and solicitors, and private appointments. There will be a charge for these services. For details please ask the Reception team.
- Carers Clinics - The Carers Well-being Service holds a clinic at the surgery once a month for carers who would like some more information about the support that is available to them. These are on the first Wednesday of every month. If you would like to book in please speak to our reception team.
Information for Military Veterans - how to get the most from your GP